Slow ‘N Sear® Charcoal Basket
£45.00 inc. VAT
Stock Arriving 26th April 2021
***Available To Pre-order***
Whether cooking for two or looking for quality grilling and smoking on the go, the Slow ‘N Sear charcoal basket brings the flexibility of two zone cooking perfected by the Slow ‘N Sear to your 18″/47cm grill.
- The Charcoal Basket(TM) holds TWICE as much charcoal as a standard grill basket bringing you:
- Longer duration hassle-free smoking
- Larger and hotter sear zone
- Double wall barrier effectively separates direct heat from the indirect cooking surface just like the Slow ‘N Sear.
- Ventilated Basket bottom keeps small pieces of fuel from falling through the grill grate and makes clean-up after the cook a breeze!
- Made from 430 stainless steel; fits 18″/47cm or larger kettles and 18″/47cm Jumbo Joe® grills. Also fits top and bottom charcoal grates of the Weber Summit® Charcoal Grill.
- May fit other models. Please review the product dimensions in the photo gallery.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- User Guides And Media
Q. Where is the water reservoir?
A water reservoir that would be large enough to fill safely and hold enough water would take up too much indirect space on the grill. But that doesn’t mean the performance of the Charcoal Basket is any less than its bigger counterparts. The two critical parts of the Slow ‘N Sear design that contribute to its “magic” are included in the Charcoal Basket:
- contoured basket that keeps coals away from the wall of the grill, enabling more efficient charcoal burn and temperature stability
- double-walled barrier between the coals and the indirect side of the grill providing even and consistent temperatures across the cooking surface
If water is desired for a cook, simply place an aluminum pan filled with water above the coals
Chuck roast made on a Jumbo Joe with Charcoal Basket
Q: How is this any different than the charcoal baskets I use/came with my grill/I see in the shops?
The Slow ‘N Sear Charcoal basket was designed to bring the range of hassle-free cooking experiences that the Slow ‘N Sear provides to smaller grills. The first thing you’ll notice is that the Slow ‘N Sear Charcoal basket is MUCH bigger. In the photo (left) the two products were placed in a 22″ kettle to emphasize size difference. The Slow ‘N Sear Charcoal Basket holds twice as much fuel meaning longer burn time for low ‘n slow cooks, and a larger sear zone. You’ll also notice that the Slow ‘N Sear Charcoal Basket has a double wall barrier between the fuel and the indirect cooking surface of the grill. This helps keep temperatures stable and prevents “hot spots” on the indirect side.
Q: Can I use the Slow ‘N Sear Charcoal Basket in a 22″ kettle?
Yes, but you won’t get the same performance of the standard Slow ‘N Sear/Slow ‘N Sear Plus. Not only does the Charcoal Basket have a smaller diameter/capacity, it’s shorter than the Slow ‘N Sear. The lower height of the Basket will not be as effective in creating a uniform thermal barrier between the coals and the indirect side of the grill, therefore you may see warmer pit temperatures the closer you get to the coals.
That said, the Charcoal Basket is an excellent introduction to the capabilities of the Slow ‘N Sear and will give you a taste of the full possibilities the Slow ‘N Sear offers.
Jumbo Joe® and Summit® are registered trademarks of Weber-Stephen Products LLC.
|Dimensions||40 × 23 × 10 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Adrenaline Barbecue Company has a wealth of information and support on their website including: (All pages open in new tabs)
How Does Slow 'N Sear Work?
The "magic" of Slow 'N Sear
Slow 'N Sear Buyers Guide
Which Slow 'N Sear fits my grill?
An extensive range of product demonstrations, hints, tips and excellent recipes
Your questions answered
Downloadable and printable product guides
The optimum method to get your grill started
Cold Grate Technique
The perfect sear using the Cold Grate Technique - *** transform how you cook your steak***
Step by step instructions and videos
Meet the inventor of the Slow 'N Sear